The wagumi original kintsugi set offers tools and materials needed to make a start in kintsugi - the Japanese technique of mending of broken things with lacquer and metal powder.Read more
The kit includes the following:
- NOA urushi tube (skin sensitive lacquer)
- Kintsugi specialist brush (for line drawing)
- Kintsugi specialist brush (for applying metallic potwder)
- Silk wool
- Metallic powder (brass)
- Kintsugi use putties (to fill chipped areas)
- Kintsugi use spatula (to mix urushi)
- Two sand paper types (rough and smooth)
- Kintsugi use cloth
- Kintsugi use gloves
Please note that it does not include these items:
- Epoxy glue (Devcon 5 minute epoxy recommended)
- Acetone (used to remove glue),
- Isopropanol (used to cleaning urushi and oil based dirt),
- Turpentine (used as a thinning agent for urushi)
These are available at local art or DIY shops, or can be purchased at wagumi in the Oxo Tower, with proof of age.
A cutter knife and a humid box (any box containing wet towels) is also necessary to the kintsugi process.
Wagumi in London, United Kingdom.
Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Delivery within 1-3 working days.
Ordering between the UK and the EU?
We will calculate any additional taxes and courier fees for you and add them at checkout if they apply. This means you will not incur any additional charges once you've paid for your order. Hassle-free cross-border shopping.