The wagumi original kintsugi set offers tools and materials needed to make a start in kintsugi - the Japanese technique of mending of broken things with lacquer and metal powder.Read more
The kit includes the following:
- NOA urushi tube (skin sensitive lacquer)
- Kintsugi specialist brush (for line drawing)
- Kintsugi specialist brush (for applying metallic potwder)
- Silk wool
- Metallic powder (brass)
- Kintsugi use putties (to fill chipped areas)
- Kintsugi use spatula (to mix urushi)
- Two sand paper types (rough and smooth)
- Kintsugi use cloth
- Kintsugi use gloves
Please note that it does not include these items:
- Epoxy glue (Devcon 5 minute epoxy recommended)
- Acetone (used to remove glue),
- Isopropanol (used to cleaning urushi and oil based dirt),
- Turpentine (used as a thinning agent for urushi)
These are available at local art or DIY shops, or can be purchased at wagumi in the Oxo Tower, with proof of age.
A cutter knife and a humid box (any box containing wet towels) is also necessary to the kintsugi process.
Pay Later with
- On items eligible for returns, you have 14 days from delivery to submit a return request. Ordering for Christmas? Orders placed between 9th November and 22nd December will be eligible for return up to 14th January.